The Blogsicle

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Oh, Mom....!

OK, another funny story about Mom...

We're chit-chatting on the phone today and I ask her how her students are doing, and she tells me about how they're doing dance and how there's this one song she really likes. She tells me, "and the lyrics go something like 'Don't cha wish your girlfriend was hot like me'...".

I paused.

"Mom?," I began, "have you even listened to the lyrics of that song?" And of course she says, "no, I can't really understand them ... but it's a good beat!" My Mom is sooooooo innocent. She thought when they talk about being a "freak" in the song just meant dressing funny too.

I just shook my head...

So, for the benefit of those who don't know this song it is "Don't Cha" by the Pussycat Dolls, and the lyrics go something like this...

I know you like me
I know you do
Thats why whenever I come around
She's all over you
I know you want it
Its easy to see
And in the back of your mind
I know you should be fucking me (Babe)

Don't cha wish your girlfriend was hot like me?
Don't cha wish your girlfriend was a freak like me?
Don't cha
Don't cha
Don't cha wish your girlfriend was raw like me?
Don't cha wish your girlfriend was fun like me?
Don't cha
Don't cha

Keep in mind my Mom has been casually singing this song out loud.

*shakes head again*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home