The Blogsicle

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Windows ate my memory :(

Mood: Grrr!!!
Reason: Stupid %!$@# Windows XP!

OK, I was so squeeling with glee when I came home to find my brand spankin' new A-Data 2GB SD flash card sitting in its FedEx box. I ripped it open, gave it a good hug, and popped it into my laptop's SD card reader. And I started copying my music files over to the card while dreams of happily driving along to trance music floated through my head.

Then.

Hard stop.

Delayed Write Failed. Windows was unable to save all the data for the file E:\. The data has been lost.

I clicked to check the properties on the card and it said it had 970MB of used space on a 2GB card. OK, so I figured it was a formatting error. So I reformatted it. Once again I hit a 970MB limit. What?! OK, this was getting weird. I deleted every file on the card:


But when I went back to the properties screen I saw:


How can that be? There isn't anything on the card! Now, I'd like to think I know a thing or two about Windows so I tried reformatting to my dismay:


1GB of bad sectors? Puhleeeease...! Now I'm just PO'ed. Google doesn't seem to be turning up anything useful either, sigh. *cry*

(Stupid Windows...)

I did later plug the card back into the PDA and I was able to copy more than 1GB of files using the device explorer... *groans!*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home