The Blogsicle

Monday, September 05, 2005

Oh, now I get it

I don't usually get sick, but since the Thursday before last I got quite ill. It started with the usual sniffles so I took Claritin for a couple of days. After that I started hacking and coughing pretty bad. So on Tuesday I finally went to my doctor and he put me on Biaxin XL, a general respiratory antibiotic. Well starting about Thursday I noticed I was developing an upset stomach but couldn't figure out why. And this has been continuing until right now (Monday).

Then it hit me this morning just a few minutes ago.

Wait, I'm on an antibiotic, right? The last time I was on antibiotics they told me to take acidophilus supplements. And the most recent times I can remember having massive stomach troubles were after eating dairy products. Oh!

So, I'm thinking that I have basically disrupted my entire digestional bacteria. I wish I had remembered this a week ago because I wasn't getting much sleep when I was coughing every 5 minutes. And I certainly wasn't getting much sleep again when I was up with an upset stomach. :(

I hope I have a few pills left...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home