The Blogsicle

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

I'm invincible

With a warm cup of coffee in hand I can do anything.  (Well, almost anything.  [Otherwise that would be false advertising.])  But I'm currently defying the bounds of fatigue propped up on sugar and caffeine.  And I have such a long day to go.

I got back much later from yesterday's run than I thought.  So, after my shower and a brief dinner I sat down at my computer to write some music (I use a MIDI studio now) and ended up tweaking virtual knobs and whatchamacallits until like 5:00a, knowing full well I had to be at work by 9:00a for a meeting.  And you know how when you're really tired sometimes you just keep hitting that snooze button because you forgot why you set the alarm in the first place?  So 8:30a rolls around and then Reality slaps me upside the head: you gotta get to work, kid!  <Expletive> <Expletive> <Expletive>!#!?!

Right, so I got to the meeting 15 minutes late and by 10:00a I was in dire need of energy.  A Mountain Dew kept me going until lunch, and then a couple cans of Diet Pepsi got me until 3:30p.  At which point the Craving started.  That's right: coffee pangs.  So I made an emergency run for Starbuck's white chocolate mocha.  Oh gawd, that stuff is like Liquid Schwartz.*  But I still realize now, cup in hand, that I have to get through a friend's dinner tonight, and get back to my audio workstation by 10:30p if I am to get any more work done on the music before my 9:00a doctor's appointment tomorrow.  I just hope I have a couple of cans of Red Bull still in the fridge for emergency...**

*Spaceballs reference to the most powerful fuel in the known Universe, named after the pervasive cosmic energy called the Schwartz.

**Amster does not endorse nor recommend humans to consume Red Bull.  It contains extreme amounts of sugar and caffeine, both of which can be poisonous to the human body.  However, since Amster is not human, she is allowed to consume as much Red Bull as she can get her shaking hands on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home