The Blogsicle

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

i pwn j00

I did it.  All 8.8 miles of it.  I successfully ran from my house, to a friend's house about 4 miles away, and back again in about 1.5 hours.  I'm finally starting to show that road who's boss!

I used to run cross-country in highschool.  I was in so good shape back then, I could eat just about anything and not pay for it because I knew I'd burn it off the next day.  Now just looking at chocolate makes me gain like 3 lbs.  :(  So, when I recently dusted off my runners and started trying to get back into distance running, every mile killed me.  Last week I ran to my friend's house and nearly collapsed---she ended up driving me back.  But not today.  Noooooo...My plan was to own that road and complete the circuit without anyone's help.  Yeah!

So, now I know my body is getting used to the distance it's time to step up the pace and try to really go for decent times.  I've got a race coming up in a couple of months and I want to be in race-ready shape by then!  :)

For those who do not speak L33T, the title of this post basically means "My skills are so superior that I dominate you".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home