The Blogsicle

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Grrr... Why I oughtta...

I had a really bad day yesterday.  My boss and I bashed heads over my not updating my secondary project's documentation after his repeated discussions with me.  I don't think he's quite wrapped his brain around the fact that I support one of our internal applications and when it has problems (as it frequently does) 99% of my time gets sucked up dealing with that.  Of course his response was along the lines of maybe I shouldn't devote so much time to supporting the app.  Which, of course, flies right in the face of what my job description was supposed to be---to support the app first, do documentation second.  *sigh*

There are an increasing number of days where I just want to get one of those really big anime mallets and whack him over the head.  Grr!

This is what happens when you put engineers in management that manage purely by task lists without considering mitigating factors.



It's the Amster smackdown.  *paf!*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home