The Blogsicle

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Leftovers? Amster to the rescue!

In this episode we see how Amster can take an ordinary leftover Thanksgiving dinner and turn it into ... well ... warm leftover Thanksgiving dinner.

I peered into my fridge and looked at the Glad container holding the take-home portion of my Mom's Thanksgiving dinner. Turkey, stuffing, and some potatoes. (The cranberries are in a separate container.) Seeing as how I have to find a way to eat this before it turns green with mold, I fired up my favorite deep pan. A little butter melted on the bottom and the stuffing were heated until that good golden brown started showing up on the stuffing. Then I set it aside and tossed into the pan some turkey (shredded up) along with a little olive oil followed by a dash of sea salt. Once that was all nice and hot I recombined then tossed a few times. Boston Market sells a beef gravy that's pretty good, so I put some in the bottom of a bowl then folded in to hot stuffing/turkey mixture. Let sit a couple minutes to bring the gravy up to temperature and voila, a repurposed turkey dinner brought back to life. Pan frying really helped to drive out a lot of the icky moisture and concentrated the turkey flavor...

In the next episode I'll talk about how to make a natural adhesive with cranberry sauce.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home