The Blogsicle

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

When you're having fun . . .

... sometimes you don't notice that you haven't eaten. In a long time. Today I had been doing the Geek Thing with some new programming tools after lunch and somehow it rolled around to dinner time. I got up to go get some food down at the local Safeway and by the time I returned it had been two hours later, close to 9:00p. I had heard about some people going to see a movie, A Scanner Deeply, which started around 10-ish. And finally by the time I had gotten home it was about 12:30a. About 11 hours after I had last eaten something! When I was saying goodbye to the people I dropped off I couldn't even think straight. It was pretty bad. And as I walked up the hill to my apartment door I finally finished my mental calculation that it was, yes, about 11 hours...!

Speaking of food, though, there is this hilarious new vodcast cooking show called Ctrl+Alt+Chicken. What makes it funny is that the two main hosts, Alex and Heather, really can't cook all that well. They substitute the wrong ingredients, don't use all the right cooking methods, and then stand around debating what might have gone wrong. All in all, it's good fun. Go watch! I'm going to go eat something...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home